Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Opinionator 1

          There is something going on in the media that I find troubling.  The fact that we creating so many ridiculous reality TV shows should be a stupid one on its own.  I never did watch reality TV shows because I knew how fake most of them were.  I could never watch one of them and say "wow I can't they did that."  And this was back when I was a kid.  The reality TV shows of the modern world have grown beyond a dramatic break up between girl or boy ( not men and women because anyone who wants to be on reality TV to me does not deserve to be called mature or anything), it's now gone to a whole different level.  Starting with shows like jersey shore ( God I hate that show), where people we've never heard of have the right to become famous because they are willing to expose their secrets and their vices on TV for everyone to see.  Do I really care if some girl from the east coast is a sl#$*?  Not really.

       It gets even better because now I learn about the wives of NBA stars and what their live are like day in and day out (very educational).  My point is that most people that I talk to are into these shows however, a lot them also say that it demostrates the stupidity of Americans and how fast it is growing.  Because more and more audiences are being drawn to these stupid shows.  I'm not saying let's get rid of all reality TV shows but what I am saying is let's restrain ourselves from creating some that have no sense.  Like before we make a reality show on rabbits or squirrels.  This isn't helping the image of American intellect which why it must be addressed. 
    

1 comment:

  1. Actually, a show on rabbits or squirrels might be more interesting than most reality shows. (Although I have to confess having a weakness for Project Runway and So You Think You Can Dance -- oh, well.)

    ReplyDelete